The cave of Perama
One of the most important caves in the world is located
just 4km away from the centre of Ioannina. The existance
of the cave was already known since the start of the last
century,in 1940 it was used as a shelter by the people during
the Italian bombardisms.
In 1945 there was the first scientific mapping by the known
couple of caveologists Anna and Ioannis Petrochilou who
had explored other caves arround Greece.
It belongs to the horizontal caves with a length of about,
1km.The formings of stalagmites and stalactites, the natural
richness and combination of colors create a landscabe of
amazing natural beauty.
Transportation: City bus, route Ioannina-Perama with starting
point next to the city-clock.
Visiting hours: 8:00am-19:00pm daily.
Tel : 26510-81521